Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday - Starting from Ashes

Hello my Reader, or hopefully Readers, and welcome to my blog where I shall undoubtedly discuss and rant on issues surrounding the Intellectual Life and the Catholic Church. Be advised that the format of this will undoubtedly change a myriad of times until I like it...deal with it :)


Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Lenten Season. Having given up, among other things, Facebook, I need something new to distract myself from my school work. So why not start a blog?


Actually, I received an email earlier today from a very good friend of mine (http://becomingleaven.blogspot.com/) and she encouraged me to start this blog so here we are. Also, my other friend has recently started her blog (http://summacontranietzsche.blogspot.com/) and, quite frankly, mine has to be better.


Since I have wasted most of my spare time today figuring this whole blog thing out, I will leave you with


The Collect of the Day: 
Concede nobis, Domine, praesidia militiae christianae
sanctis inchoare ieiuniis,
ut, contra spiritales nequitias pugnaturi,
continentiae muniamur auxiliis.



Finally, I think this picture is cool:


Enjoy your Lent....but not too much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment